HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ?
Please click on Get started below to use our new econsult service.
In view of the increased concern with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) we will be changing our appointment booking systems with immediate effect. This is to ensure we reduce the risk of transmission and maintain a safe environment for all patients and staff associated with the practices.
We are now moving to a telephone first system for those requesting an ‘on the day appointment’. Patients will be triaged by a clinician BY TELEPHONE. If patients need to be seen in the practice, an appointment will be arranged by the doctor or nurse. This may not be at your usual practice, but the clinician who sees you will have full access to you electronic patient record.
If you wish to make a routine appointment for a matter unrelated to Coronavirus
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMING TO YOUR GP PRACTICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IN PERSON
- DO contact the GP Surgery via telephone. Please tell the reception teams whether you would like a telephone consultation, video consultation or a face-to-face consultation. The team will be asking patients a set of questions prior to making appointments to ensure patients are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional or service.
- FOR TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS Please contact the reception team to discuss
- FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS, due to the need to answer questions prior to making an appointment, online booking has been suspended for the time being.
- FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO HEALTH RECORDS AND ONLINE PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS, there is no change from previously. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online access if you do not already have this.
Finally, please ensure your Practice has up to date contact details for you, including mobile telephone numbers where available, for clinical staff and reception teams to be able to contact you urgently if needed.
We understand that this may cause you some difficulties and thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE CAUsED BY COVID-19
If you have arrived back to the UK from an affected area, kindly follow the specific advice for returning travellers. Public Health England’s information regarding affected areas and health care guidance changes daily and can be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-traveller
Nurses are seen by appointment only & can be booked in advance. Nurse appointments for Smears & Ear Syringe are currently stopped Diabetes/Asthma/COPD/Diet reviews, Well woman/man checks, are done via a telephone call.
Immunisations/injections, Dressings, , Removal of Stitches can still be booked in the morning only.
Please use our new eConsult service to request any of the following.
Follow on Medical Certificates Letter/Form completing/signing (charges may apply)
Pregnancy Confirmation (self - test required then Self/appointment booked with the midwife department at UHL by contacting them directly).